Tuesday 7 February 2012

Fabric Inspiration

My twitter followers will already know about this but a lot of my quilts start with a backing fabric that I just have to use or will bust. I stumbled across a couple of new ones yesterday that I wanted to share. They are both designed by Laurie Wisbrun who produces some items indepently and some through the major manufacturers.



The first one I had seen on Spoonflower awhile ago but has now been released mass market. My niece would love it since animals in rainboots make her giggle. The second one makes me giggle but I'll need to wait until she releases it mass before I will buy it. Are those alpacas or llamas? I don't know the difference but they're effing cute. Especially the one in the hat.

I'm sure I'll have more inspiration soon but right now I'm trying to decide what color to do this quilt in. I've had the book for a while and have been looking for an excuse. Just need to comb through my scraps to see what I can use.

No comments:

Post a Comment