Monday 7 January 2013

Seussical

I keep looking at the word "seussical" and it loses it's meaning (of which it had very little to begin with). However, I think it's the best word to describe the baby quilt that I just finished. I have to admit this was a quickie since we only just realized that the parents' due date was coming up soon and then they had the nerve to have the baby early! Obv they didn't think of me! Anyway, enough selfishness, here are the pics. The front is a big panel with all of the words to the Cat in The Hat book. I just put the borders around it. The back is one big piece of fabric with other pics from the book. I think it's super cute but it feels a bit like cheating.



The quilting was done following the red stripes between the mini panels which you can see in this photo. I also finally got quilt tags done up so you can see the first one attached here. It looks a bit jenky (eric's word) because I had to attach it by hand after the quilt was done since they only just arrived. Normally, I would machine sew it onto the back before I quilted it but I wasn't able to this time.



Here's another Sheldon update. He took a little break while I was working on the seuss quilt but now he's back at the top of the WIP (work-in-progress) pile. Hoping to finish up the top in the next couple of weeks and then I'll have to decide what to put on the back. I'm thinking I might do a quote but haven't decided.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and never comment, but seeing Sheldon has brought me out of lurking. He looks fantastic! I think the back does need a quote or at least a "Bazinga!". Really great work! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete